Hangover cure to the rescue!
My dear juice lovers,
After this Halloween weekend i’m sure many people need a hangover cure. Look no further, I am here to help! Carrot juice gives you energy and detoxes your entire body (especially your liver!)
Here’s my recipe! It is for two servings (my husband wanted to get in on the action,) so just cut the recipe in half for a singe serving I really love this simple recipe– the sweetness of the carrots and apples, along with a spicy kick from the ginger makes the perfect carrot juice.
1 inch knob of peeled ginger
Step One: Cut off the heads of the carrots first, for there can be toxins on it. Next, take your knife and cut a knob off some ginger & then peel the skin off the ginger.
After you prepare your veggies, wash them with water
Step Two: juice away!
I started with the carrots (to create sort of a consistent base,) then juice the apples and last, the ginger.
Why juice carrots?
- After a long weekend of drinking, carrot juice is one of the best things you can do to replenish your body. Carrot juice restores and cleanses the liver!
- Carrots are packed with Vitamin A, B, C, D, E and K!
- Potassium and beta-carontene (this is a major antioxidant.) Beta-carontene improves your eyesight as well.
- Falcarinol (antioxidant) is found in carrots and it destroys pre-cancerous cells.
- Carrot juice is also great for your skin, regulates your blood sugar and cleanses your kidneys
Step Three: Stir your juice & drink up!