As I was thinking of ideas for my next blog post, I began to check out juice recipes for some new inspiration. I kept finding juice recipes with fennel bulbs! Maybe I have been living in a cave my whole life, but I didn’t even know what a fennel bulb looked like… here is what I have discovered
First of all.. what are fennel bulbs?
- Fennel bulbs are a vegetable
- Closely related to carrots, dill, and parsley
- Tastes sweet and spicy
Why juice fennel bulbs?
- They are full of vitamin C, fiber and potassium
- Fennel also contains magnesium, calcium, vitamin B3, and iron
- Increases brain function, decreases blood pressure, great for digestion & constipation, protects eyes from inflammation and strengthens immune system.
- Contains anethole, which is an antioxidant that actually reduces your risk of cancer
- Helps prevent colon cancer due to the fiber that rids the colon of carcinogens
2 fennel bulbs
2 celery stalks
Step One: wash all of your fruits and veggies & cut the fennel bulbs to fit in your juicer
Step Two: juice the fennel bulbs and celery
Step Three: juice the apple and lime
Step Four: stir, pour and enjoy!
*I was pleasantly surprised by how much juice the fennel bulbs produced. It tasted mild, spicy and sweet at the same time… i’m looking forward to experimenting with this! Happy juicing!*