My juice enthusiasts,
After the holidays, I feel my body needs a little detox!
Check out this detoxing recipe here:
½ Cup of Pineapple
1 Granny Smith Apple (Green)
1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
4 Kale Leaves
Curious about all the ingredients? Lets break it down:
- Cucumbers are made up of 95% of water which helps to hydrate the body and fight inflammation.
- Full of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin K (good for kidney health and helps build strong bones!)
- Helps digestion because cucumbers are packed with fiber and it contains potassium, which helps lower blood pressure.
There are so many health benefits of kale, here’s a few!
- Lutein, iron, riboflavin, potassium and magnesium
- Kale is rich in iron, vitamin K and antioxidants. It is packed with fiber so it helps with detoxing your body and jump starts your digestive system.
- Kale also gives you energy, especially from the kick from its vitamin B-complex.
- Vitamin A and K in the veggie, help support red blood cells.
- Additionally, the Calcium helps teeth and bones grow strong.
- Contains thiamine which helps your liver, hair, eyes and skin
- Vitamin A, Potassium and phosphorous
- Apples are full of pectin, which is a fiber that aids in digestion and is even an appetite suppressant. Pectin also aids in maintaining sugar levels in your blood!
- Great for your hair, skin and nails due to the minerals found in apples, along with Vitamin A and Vitamin B.
Now, A Spotlight on Pineapple:
- Full of Potassium, which is an electrolyte that lowers blood pressure and regulates the heart beat.
- Vitamin B in pineapple is great for mental health and helps regulate your mood.
- Vitamin C gives your immune system a boost!
- Bromelain is an digestive enzyme and helps digestion by breaking down proteins in the body. It is also an anti inflammatory.
Step One: first, juice the romaine lettuce and kale
Step Two: next juice the cucumber, apple and pineapple
Step Three: stir, pour and enjoy!
Happy juicing all!