My Dearest Juicers,
Lets talk about beetroot juice. Say what now? It tastes much better than you may think.
..first, a quick story:
I am an American expat and permanently live in Denmark with my darling husband. To say there are differences between the United States and Denmark is an understatement. I am exposed to a different culture everyday, which is now quite familiar.
Concerning food: For example, beets are a staple in Danish meals and is cooked a variety of ways. I initially thought beets tasted horrible, until I gave it a try and juiced beetroot. This recipe sincerely tastes amazing and the benefits are incredible for your body. I have converted to a huge fan of beets after I tried this recipe!
(Side note: I use beetroot and beet interchangeably)
Spotlight on beetroot: 10 major benefits
- Can slow down dementia because beetroot improves oxygenation to the brain
- Great for lowering your blood pressure and is very healthy for your heart
- Increases blood flow, which has actually proven to increase stamina
- Helps diabetes by lowering glucose levels
- Contains the antioxidant betalain, which helps detox your body and has anti-cancer properties. It is best to drink this immediately to reap all of the benefits, some of the benefits such as betalain can be lost during cooking.
- Full of fiber, aids digestion and even lowers cholesterol
- Improves your vision
- Full of Vitamin A, C, E and K
- Beets contain Riboflavin, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.
For two servings
1 medium or large beetroot
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 inch of peeled ginger (add more for extra spice!)
Step One: peel the beetroot and ginger; juice the beetroot, romaine lettuce and apples
Step Two: juice the lemon and ginger
Step Three: stir, pour & enjoy!
Happy juicing! Thanks for reading!