My darling juicers,
I just got back from a three week holiday in the United States, where I was visiting my sweet family. While I was there I experimented with some green juice recipes for kids and used I my adorable nephew as my tester
All kids taste buds are different, so this may take some experimenting on your part. Juicing is the perfect way for you children to get the proper nutrients their little bodies need.
Here are a few tips!
- Keep it simple, only use 2-3 ingredients
- Use a mild fruit or veggie as a base, one with that has a high water content such as celery or cucumber
- Sweeten the juice up with pears, green apples, watermelon or oranges
Here are a few simple recipes I tried
- 1 cucumber and 2 pear
- 5 stalks of celery and 2 green apple
- 1 cucumber and 2 green apple
- 1 cucumber and 1 large piece of watermelon
Step One: wash all of your fruits and vegetables thoroughly; cut the produce into small pieces to put into your juicer
Step Two: once the fruit and veggies are prepared, put them into your juicer
It should look something like this after juicing
Step Three: stir the green juice and pour into a small cup for your child
My nephew definitely gave me the thumbs up for the green juice!