Dearest juicing family,
Now that spring is on its way out and summer is around the corner, lets check out which fruits and veggies are in season right now. When you get produce in the correct season it not only helps your wallet and local farmers, but it is the freshest tasting fruits and veggies. Here are some original recipes which are best from June to August
Seasonal fruits and vegetables:
Vegetables in Season Now:
- Bell Peppers
Fruits in Season Now:
- Passion Fruit
(Lists from here!)
- This fruit is full of 92% of water and is great for weight loss (lowers water retention).
- Has lycopene,which actually gives watermelon its color, this antioxidant detox’s your body from harmful free radicals
- Minerals: potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron.
- Contains betacarotene and Vitamin B.
- Helps with sore muscles, lowers blood pressure and is an anti-inflammatory!
Spotlight on beetroot: 10 major benefits
- Can slow down dementia because beetroot improves oxygenation to the brain
- Great for lowering your blood pressure and is very healthy for your heart
- Increases blood flow, which has actually proven to increase stamina
- Helps diabetes by lowering glucose levels
- Contains the antioxidant betalain, which helps detox your body and has anti-cancer properties. It is best to drink this immediately to reap all of the benefits, some of the benefits such as betalain can be lost during cooking.
- Full of fiber, aids digestion and even lowers cholesterol
- Improves your vision
- Full of Vitamin A, C, E and K
- Beets contain Riboflavin, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.
3 medium carrots
1 inch of ginger
- Cucumbers are made up of 95% of water which helps to hydrate the body and fight inflammation.
- Full of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin K (good for kidney health and helps build strong bones!)
- Helps digestion because cucumbers are packed with fiber and it contains potassium, which helps lower blood pressure.
4 kale leaves
1 small lemon
1 inch of ginger
Top 10 Benefits of Turmeric:
- Serves as a natural pain reliever and is ideal for arthritis patients.
- Supports immune system.
- Has curcumin, which kills cancer cells.
- Great for your skin and complexion because of the anti-bacterial agent, which even helps the skin condition psoriasis.
- Contains adaptogen and this decreases stress.
- Packed with antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory and great for injuries
- Natural antiseptic which help wounds heal better and faster.
- Helps detox the liver, as much as beets do.
- Speeds up metabolism.
6 medium carrots
1 inch of ginger
1 inch of turmeric
Benefits of juicing bell peppers:
- Yellow and red bell peppers have 4x more vitamin C than oranges; green bell peppers have 2x more. The vitamin C helps prevent blood clots and especially respiratory problems, which makes it a vital part of healing from a cold!
- Bell peppers also contain vitamin B-complex, A, E and various minerals such as magnesium, iron, zinc and potassium.
- Full of anti-oxidants which can lower your cholesterol, protect your skin and lowers your risk of cancer.
Give your immune system a boost! Try this recipe:
1 yellow bell pepper
1 inch of peeled ginger
Happy juicing loves!
Juice Pulse <3