Dearest Juice Family,
I hope you are all enjoying your summer and holidays away! When going away on vacation it can be hard to stick to your diets and find ways to stay healthy. I am currently away with my family in Italy and at first found it difficult to navigate to stay on the healthy road. Here are 10 health and juicing tips that can hopefully help
- Eat local produce! There is nothing better than fresh fruit and vegetables, not to mention they are cheap. Talk to the locals, find out what produce they are known for and specialise in.
- Stay hydrated. Constantly drink water; you can also get your hydration through eating water based fruits such as watermelon and cucumber.
- If you have the resources, cook as much food as you can yourself. This way you will know exactly what is going into your meals and have control over it.
- Exercise! The best way to see a city is to start moving your body and exploring the area. Plan physical activities every single day. Play beach volleyball, go hiking, climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower, swim in the ocean, rock climb, do it all!
- While travelling, skip the airport food it generally has little to no nutritional value and juices can be mainly sugar!
- Its all about that balance. Try that gelato but then go for a run the next day.
- Watch your alcohol intake. One fruit martini can be packed with sugar and calories.
- Forget trouble transportation and jump on a local bike to get around!
- Always take the stairs. Not only can you get some extra cardio in, but you can see attractions in a whole new way.
- Use your vacation time to also get enough sleep in. This will help you not only physically, but mentally
Side story: I found myself without a juicer this vacation and had to stay getting creative! My husband, brother in law and I had planned to go to the iconic 5 mountain cities in Italy, Cinque Terre. We heard of an amazing juice bar on a mountain between two of the towns, so we combined a beautiful (and tough!) hike to along with this talked about juice bar.
Here is where our journey started
It was incredibly rewarding to reach the top of the mountain and find a juice bar overlooking Cinque Terre. This juice we got was fresh oranges from the area, lemon and ginger!
I hope those 10 tips will help you while on holiday
Wishing you all a happy and healthy vacations!
Juice Pulse <3